Malaysia My Second Home
The Malaysia My Second Home Program allows citizens of others countries to retire and reside in Malaysia with their spouses and children.Successful applicants will be granted a social visit pass initially for a period of 10 years,which is renewable thereafter ( subject to the validaty period of their passport ).
It is open to citizens of countries recognized by Malaysia regardless of race,religion,gender or age.This programme allows applications to bring with them their spouses,and children who are unmarried and below the age of 18 .
New application .
Successful applicants ( 1 April 2006 ) are required to comply with the following financial criteria :
Aged below 50 years old
Must open a fixed deposit account of RM300,000.00 .
After a period of one year,the participant may withdraw up to RM240,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase ,education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes .
Must maintain a minimum balance of RM60,000.00 from the second year onwards and throughout their stay in Malaysia under the program
Aged 50 years and above
May either choose to
Open a fixed deposit account o RM150,000.00 OR
Show proof of monthly off-shore income of RM10,000.00 such as a pencion scheme .
Participants who fulfill the fixed deposit criteria :
May withdraw up to RM90,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase ,education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes after a period of one year .
Must maintain a minimum balance RM60,000.00 from the second year onwards and throughout their stay in Malaysia under this programme .
Successful applicants need to open their fixed deposit accounts in RInggit Malaysia (RM).
Step 1 ;
Step 2 ;
Submit Application To The One Stop Centre
Documents Needed ;
- Letter of application (cover letter)
- Personal background as well as your intention in joining this programme .
- Persons whom you wish to come with (single or with family members)
- Briefly explain how you will support your stay in Malaysia (financial capabilities)
- Indicate the financial criteria you wish to use ;either Fixed Deposit or monthly off-shore income (for 50 years and above)
- Two (2) copies of IM.12 form (Sosial Visit Pass)
- Two (2) coloured passport-sized photographs
- Certified copy of passport /travel document (all pages)
- Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if accompanied by spouse)
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate (if accompanied by children)
- Resume with 10 years of working experience
- Personal Bond (if applicants appointed sponsor company)
- Certified copy of latest bank statement /other related financial documents to indicate the financial capability to support stay in Malaysia .
- At least 3 months certified copies of pay slip / pension for applicants 50 years and above who applied using proof of monthly off-shore income .
**Item 2-4 are also required if accompanied by spouse and children below 18 years old (whom are not married) and are regarded as dependant (s) of the applicant .
Step 3 ;
Conditional Approval Letter Is Issued By The Immigration Department
Step 4 ;
Applicant Come To Malaysia
Step 5 ;
Submit Remaining Documents To The Immigration Department
- Open the required Fixed Deposit account in any bank in Malaysia for 5 years with auto renewal**.
- Purchase Medical Insurance any insurance company in Malaysia .
Step 6 ;
Applicant Collects The Malaysia My Second Home Visa
13. Social Visit Pass fee (RM90/year) : Visa will be given upon the validity of the passport (maximum 10 years)
Applications may be submitted to the following ;
Malaysia My Second Home Centre
Ministry of Tourism ,Malaysia
C/o Tourism Division ,
Level 23,Menara Dato’ Onn,
Putra World Trade Centre ,
45 Jalan Tun Ismail,
50695 Kuala Lumpur ,
Tel : 603-2696 3364 / 3361 / 3351
Fax : 603-26988533
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.mm2h.motour.gov.my
Headquaters of the Department of Immigration,Malaysia
(Ministry of Home Affairs)
Level 1-7 (Podium) Block 2G4,Presinct 2,
Federal Government Administration Centre,
Tel : 603-88801408
Fax : 603-88801374
Website : http://www.imi.gov.my